TheLifeofScience.com is looking for a Project Co-ordinator to join the team. (Paid) (Part-time)
Responsibilities of coordinator:
- Write, edit and publish blogs for the website
- Coordinate with guest writers: reaching out to contributors and women in science community
- Foster collaborations: Handle all communication on labhopping email. Manage partnerships, coordinate ongoing and upcoming collaborations
- Manage social media: Everyday posts and interaction on Twitter, FB and Instagram
- Provide research assistance for upcoming TLoS books
- Coordinate fundraising tasks as well as incoming and outgoing invoices
This person should:
- Have some experience editing, writing, and good language & communication skills
- Be interested in Indian science, nuances of gender issues and science communication
- Be familiar with TheLifeofScience.com
- Be very prompt in communication
- Be open to a good degree of flexibility
- Be prepared to work with us until July 2019
- Location: TLoS works online, so as long as you have good internet you can work from anywhere.
- Volume: Expect an average of 4 hours of work on weekdays with weekly meetings. Note that some parts of the job, eg social media, may require an constant eye.
- Compensation: We can pay the selected candidate up to Rs 10,000 per month in the first 2 months provided all the given responsibilities are suitably fulfilled. We are working on increasing this amount.
- Deadline for sending in applications: 30th Nov 2018